Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New Peru Jungle School Almost Ready

Translated letter from Vioricka Rodrigues who is the manager of the Peru school building project at KM 46 located 30 miles from Iquitos Peru.


April 6, 2008

Good morning LON,
Responding to your question of the school of the km. 46. I expect that the school will be ready for classes on the date April 15, that I told you. The climate here rains every day. I think that you are you going to come here to find the work at the school has advanced a lot with the construction of the school. It is possible that the school is not finished because of the rain. We will be prepared for all and adapt to the circumstances. The children go for the classes therefore it is expected that the school have the roof and we begin with the classes even that the school is not finished. The children will continue studying in a space that was arranged for the classes. We be able to continue with the construction and working at the school without interrupting the studies of the children.

For the moment we have 110 children that are going to continue in the school. They are very poor and they do not have school equipment. The children come from very humble families that do not have notebook neither pencils. They write with the leaves of the banana for their pencil. I think that your friends admired themselves a lot for how they help the education in very poor zones. The children do not have anything but the school will begin a new history. Lon it is good if you bring more equipment for the children of the km. 46 school. I think that that will be a good surprise for the children of the school in the forest. They are going to be very happy when they return to its houses. They are going to show their parents all the pretty thing that the school gives them for their classes.

Sincerely,
Vioricka

I (Lon) will be going to Peru next week to check the progress at the KM 46 school. I will be transporting as many school supplies as possible in my luggage. There is a school supply store located in the city of Iquitos located 30 miles from the new school. I hope to buy more supplies there and try to get the school up and running before I return home April 29th. I will post more updates when I return home.

END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home